AWS Makes a Big Deal about Notifications Amazon Web Services is attempting to keep its cloud users updated about their projects and services. The company has added a variety of notification options. The company announced that you can now receive notifications about events within repositories, build and deploy projects, deployments, pipelines, and other services.
- AWS CodeCommit: For hosting secure Git-based repositories.
- AWS CodeBuild: A service that compiles source code and runs tests to produce software packages that can be deployed.
- AWS CodeDeploy is a service that automates software installations to a variety compute services like Amazon EC2, AWS Fargate and AWS Lambda.
- AWS CodePipeline is a continuous delivery service that automates pipelines for infrastructure and application updates.
Amazon Simple Notification Service (SNS), notifications include a status message as well as a link to the resources that generated the notification. AWS Chatbot users can choose to have notifications sent to their Slack Channels (collaboration software that supports real-time messaging) and chatrooms within the Amazon Chime communications system (see below). More information is available at:
- The announcement was posted
- Amazon Simple Notification Service website
- The “What Are Notifications” guide. Guide
- The “Configure integration between Notifications and AWS Chatbot” guide